The church of Saint Phal de Brion has a Romanesque nave and a Gothic choir. The nave was built around 1730 and has 8 arcades. During the course of history, the church will suffer some torments. At the end of the 18th century, during the Terror (between 1792 and 1794), the church was desecrated and closed. Of the 4 bells, 3 were taken down and taken to Joigny to be melted down and made into cannons. The4th one was kept only by the inhabitants. They stood guard to prevent its departure. In August 1944, the stained glass windows were destroyed as a result of the explosion of the ammunition camp at Chemilly sur Yonne (12 km away, as the crow flies). They were redone in 1947. The village also has a washhouse and a fountain.

Suggested addresses Brion

Search by category:

Prepare for your trip Brion

Transportation
  • comp_pv_maritime
Accommodations
  • Find a hotel
  • Holiday rental
  • Airbnb rental
Stays
  • Tailor-made trip
Services / On site
  • Airbnb experiences
  • Book a table
  • Activities & visits

Pictures Brion

There are currently no pictures for this destination.

Review