To travel to China, you need a passport (valid for more than 6 months after the planned departure from the country) and a visa. The tourist visa (L visa) is valid for a maximum of 1 month. To obtain it, you must present: a return flight ticket, a letter of invitation and/or proof of accommodation or a copy of hotel reservations for the entire duration of the stay, a bank statement (to prove that you can cover your expenses once on site) and a certificate of insurance. The international driving licence is not recognised by the People's Republic of China. Don't you dare drive.

Book your trip !

  • Book a ferry
  • Book a hotel
  • Holydays rental
  • Your Airbnb accommodation
  • Travel on demand
On the spot
  • Book a table
  • Find an activity

Prepare for your trip Shanghai 上海

  • comp_pv_maritime
  • Find a hotel
  • Holiday rental
  • Airbnb rental
  • Tailor-made trip
Services / On site
  • Airbnb experiences
  • Book a table
  • Activities & visits
To discover on Petit Futé