CHÂTEAU DE MÉDAVY
Petit Futé's opinion on CHÂTEAU DE MÉDAVY
Médavy Castle is an ancient stronghold of the Duchy of Normandy (12th century). In the heart of a green setting, including a superb avenue of lime trees, the current castle was built in stone from 1703 to 1725 by Jacques Léonard de Médavy. The covered enclosure and the Saint-Pierre tower have been restored to their former glory. The moat, also restored, has just been put back in water. Finally, the castle houses one of the largest private collections in Normandy: contemporary art, models, globes...
Information on CHÂTEAU DE MÉDAVY
Open in July and August from 10 to 11:30 am and from 2 to 6:30 pm. Guided tour from 4 to 8 €.
Services offered by CHÂTEAU DE MÉDAVY
Means of payment offered by CHÂTEAU DE MÉDAVY
Owner's Message CHÂTEAU DE MÉDAVY
Practical information about Medavy castle 2022 season
- Opening summer season 2022:
◦ Every day from Saturday, July 2, 2022 to Sunday, September 4, 2022 inclusive
- Opening hours:
◦ E very day from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. and from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m
Guided tours in the summer season
◦ Every day 10:30 a.m., 2:15 p.m., 3:30 p.m. and 4:45 p.m
- Guided tour of the castle:
◦ daily at 10:30am, 3:30pm and 4:45pm
Discovery of the second floor of the castle with a rich collection of furniture, objects, paintings, globes and atlases.
- Visit the model ships:
◦ every day at 2:15 pm
In autonomy with a booklet go to discover the 40 models of boats made by hand from the original plans. All kinds of ships from Christopher Columbus' caravel to the Titanic.
- Guided tour of the Saint Peter's Tower
◦ The 2nd and 4th Friday of the month of July and August at 6pm
The Saint Peter's Tower, completely restored, houses a collection of XXIst century contemporary art objects. You can see in this living space the works of Joana Vasconcelos Hubert Le Gall among others.
- Guided tour globes and atlases
◦ The 3rd Friday of the month at 6 pm
During this visit, the most beautiful atlases and globes are displayed for the occasion. A visit for the passionate and knowledgeable. A real journey into the history of the art of map making.
- Every Sunday from Easter to All Saints' Day from 2 to 5 pm.
Off-season guided tours :
- Guided tour of the model ship roomat 2:15 pm
- Guided tour of the castle at 3:30 pm
- Opening of the Saint Pierre tower on request minimum 4 people.
- castle adult: 8€ / child (6-16years): 4€ (duration 1h
) - ship models adult: 5€ / child (6-16years): 2€ (duration 45 minutes
) - Saint Pierre tower: 15€ (duration 45 minutes
) - Globes and atlases: 12€ (duration 1h30
) - groups of 10 people or more: 6€/ person
Timetable CHÂTEAU DE MÉDAVY