Local travel agency, founded more than ten years ago by two true Francophiles. A pioneer in the development of a network of guest houses and renowned for its knowledge of Indochina's ethnic minorities, Amica Travel offers tailor-made trips and modules to discover local life in depth, with an emphasis on off-road travel, meeting regional ethnic diversity, cultural awareness and awareness of responsible tourism. Very good address to communicate with the soul of the country. The agency's website is a treasure trove of practical and cultural information about Vietnam
French-speaking address. Hotline in France Monday to Friday (09h-12pm & 2pm-6pm): +33 6 19 08 15 72 or +33 6 28 22 72 86.
Founded in 2007, Amica Travel is a receptive and creative travel agency specializing in unique voyages in Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos and Myanmar. Amica Travel is headquartered in Hanoi, Vietnam and successfully opened branch offices in 2010 in Siem Reap, Cambodia and in 2011 in Vientiane, Laos. As of 2013, our staff comprises 100 people, including travel agents, logistical experts, technical personnel, and full-time tour guides.
During the past 7 years, Amica Travel has worked primarily in the field of direct sales of specialty trips to French-speaking travelers from around the globe. In order to be a successful agency, Amica Travel has concentrated its efforts on the development of a diverse array of unmatched voyages and a commitment to a well-defined, high-quality product. Thanks to these efforts, from 2011 through the first half of 2012, nearly 4,000 travelers, the majority of whom were solo travelers, participated in voyages of discovery throughout the Indochinese Peninsula with Amica Travel. Amica Travel also works directly with French travel agencies to plan trips, and we have a strong desire to put all of our know-how at the disposal of future partners to enable them to develop and diversify their tour offerings in Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, and Myanmar.
We are currently witnessing radical changes in Vietnam and throughout Southeast Asia. These environmental and cultural changes, which benefit some, are at the same time a threat to the potential tourism to these regions. In 2012, we can no longer speak of “Indochina.” Rather, the Indochinese Peninsula of today is far removed from the idealized images commonly held by foreigners: wars, Vietnamisation, Laosciation, sinicization, and globalization have transformed the region. With this in mind, Amica Travel is committed in our quest to provide exclusive voyages by creating travel packages in preserved natural sites and places of sociological and anthropological interest. Amica Travel offers world travelers a range of tourism options, including classic tours, adventure tours, immersion experiences, or modules. These packages, which can be combined together and added onto classic tourist destinations, are also adapted to a new definition of tourism, wherein more travelers are choosing immersion and theme voyages over conventional destinations and standard trips. In this way, voyaging with Amica Travel allows the traveler to benefit from a large amount of flexibility, guaranteeing a unique encounter with a fascinating culture.
Southeast Asia and Vietnam are lands of paradox, where modern society sometimes rubs shoulders with luxury. Therefore, Amica Travel also offers high-end travel packages including upscale cruises, beach vacations at the finest hotels and villas, and other luxury trips.
Below are several of our trips and travel packages, and many more options can be found on our Web site, amica-travel.com/en.
A large number of tour agencies operate in Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia; in Hanoi alone, there are at least 500 agencies.
In this highly competitive environment, we stand out from the crowd by offering unique benefits to our customers.
Here are some ways we are different from the rest:
• Advising is more important to us than selling: Since there are numerous tour options and travelers’ desires vary, the work of a professional tour operator is to help and advise you in making your travel choice in accordance to your tastes and not to sell everyone a one-size-fits-all option. With this in mind, we offer our travelers numerous customizable options, as explained in this brochure.
You can continue to make as many changes as you like to the packages we create for you until you are fully satisfied with your itinerary.
• Ease of communication: Amica Travel is base in Hanoi, but we will gladly call American clients by phone upon request.
• Our dedication to creating new tours and original activities: We are one of the few tour operators with a mission to look for exclusive itineraries and activities in order to make your trip exceptional and unique. Do not be surprised if some of the sites you can travel to through Amica Travel are not listed in guidebooks or offered through other agencies.
• We make our selling conditions as transparent as possible: The selling conditions are the contractual framework of your travel; if they are clear and specific, you will not have any unwelcomed surprises. When you decide to buy you trip with Amica Travel, we will always send you a written contract that will outline our obligations to you. In this way, travelling with complete peace of mind will not only be a promise, but a reality.
• We are committed to always acting in the interest of our customers: During your trip, if an unexpected event occurs, such as a flight cancellation or meteorological event, Amica Travel will help you find the best solution possible.
• We are dedicated to creating your ideal vacation: Besides the beauty of the sites you will visit and the people that you will meet, we are convinced that the quality of the trip depends on the way it is organized. In that spirit, we go to great lengths to ensure flexibility in the organization of your trip according to your requirements. For example:
+ You can change or cancel visits at the last minute, if the changes are feasible.
+ You can extend your visits or shortened them or change the schedules if that does not affect the general program of the trip. In short, you have control over your trip.
+ You will enjoy personalized care: personalized food, organization of small events (birthdays, Honeymoons), targeted information, and follow-up after the trip.
Amica travel is a travel agency in Vietnam specializing in tailor-made tours. With a Vietnamese team of about 60 people, we are a mid-sized company with a dedication to personal attention. Our mission is to create and organize outstanding voyages through Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia. We are a tour operator and an incoming travel agency.
We also offer services such as cars rentals, hotel bookings, processing visas, and providing tour guides on demand.
To make your dream trip a reality, and an experience that is fulfilling and awe-inspiring, we propose:
Amica Travel organizes mostly private tours with a tour guide and driver. We personalize the tour according to your desires, allowing you to discover the beauty of Southeast Asia at your own pace, and to benefit from a quality of service above and beyond the standard travel experience offered elsewhere.
We envision travelling as a way to get out of the routine and to meet, live and share with people from different backgrounds and cultures. Therefore, we create an integrated style of tourism that gives voyagers the opportunity to experience daily life in the fascinating communities of Southeast Asia, so you can better understand the mentalities and habits of the local population.
Our dedication to enculturation tourism is put into practice not only through our creation of unique tours in Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia, but also through our personalized organization of your trip and the wealth of information that we share with travelers before, during and after the trip.
Not only will you get to see the region’s renowned sites, but with Amica Travel, you can also escape the tourist crowds and discover hidden gems, areas rich with authentic local culture.
Solidarity and respect for cultural identity
Traveling with Amica Travel means choosing an organization and a method of travel that is respectful of cultures, traditional ways of life, and the regional environment. The beauty of the landscape is fascinating, but it is not the most significant experience you will come away with. The best memories from vacations are usually the relations that we build with one another, friendship with people we meet, and discoveries that we make about the culture and life of a world very different from our own.
Too often the concepts of “solidarity travel” and “fair travel” are simply used as a marketing tool, with no real action being taken to protect rural life. This is why we have created the label “solidarity travel – real actions,” certifying that our style of travel respects our commitment to solidarity travel.
Amica Travel solidarity charter
Our commitment to solidarity travel is simple; it works around these four main ideas:
• An awareness of the cultural and environmental repercussions of the tourism industry
• A wish to protect the authenticity of Southeast Asia’s unique culture
• A deep desire to help the most disadvantaged people without transforming or deteriorating their environment
• Taking real action on tangible projects that demonstrate our dedication to solidarity and the transparency of our organization
Through our solidarity travel initiatives, we provide support for local communities; some of our initiatives are continuous, while others depend on the travel options that our clients choose.
I file my review and I win Foxies
To submit your review you must login.