The company Petit Futé
Since 1976, the best addresses from the end of the world are at end of the street!
It all began in 1976 with two H.E.C. students: Dominique Auzias and Jean-Paul Labourdette, who met in preparatory classes at the Fermat High School in Toulouse. Following this meeting, they decided to publish a small guide to the city of Nancy
It was a successful bet as today, Nouvelles Editions de l'Université is publishing in several languages the guides of Le Petit Futé. 4 new guides are publish every day and accompany travellers in more than 800 destinations, including more than 100 exclusive destinations, in 189 countries worldwide. Nouvelles Editions de l’Université is therefore one of the first independent publishing groups in the sector of tourism!
From yesterday to now, Le Petit Futé in a few dates
- 1982 : Les City-guides of Le Petit Futé are leaders on the French market.
- 1989 : Creation of the collection of Départements de France of Le Petit Futé
- 1989 : Le Petit Futé settles in Belgium.
- 1992 : Creation of the Country-Guides collection of Le Petit Futé.
- 1993 : Creation of the Carnet de voyage collection for tourism professionals.
- 1995 : Le Petit Futé settles in Canada.
- 1996 : Le Petit Futé is setting up in Russia.
- 1999 : Le Petit Futé is setting up in China.
- 1999 : Creation of the collection Régions de France of Le Petit Futé.
- 2000 : Le Petit Futé has started an Internet adventure with www.petitfute.com.
- 2000 : Le Petit Futé, with Dominique Auzias, has become a Knight of the Legion of Honour.
- 2001 : Development of the Thematic Collection of Le Petit Futé.
- 2004 : Le Petit Futé bought back the publishing house Publibook (author accounts) and expanded its activity.
- 2004 : Creation of the beautiful books collection Les grands voyages of Le Petit Futé.
- 2005 : Change of logo for Le Petit Futé.
- 2005 : Creation of the Immo Futé collection, which today is the Habitat collection in the major cities of France.
- 2006 : Le Petit Futé settles in Poland.
- 2006 : Creation of the Petit Futé Magazine, a bimonthly magazine dedicated to holidays, to leisure and weekends.
- 2007 : Development of a collection of thematic guides dedicated to the city of Paris.
- 2007 : Creation of the thematic collection Employment in the major towns of France.
- 2008 : New graphic charter for the guides of Le Petit Futé.
- 2009 : Le Petit Futé launches the V2 of its website: www.petitfute.com and enters the era of Web 2.0.
- 2009 : Creation of the collection of City-Guides Monde.
- 2010 : The Travel Notebooks (until then reserved for professionals) became accessible to the general public.
- 2010 : Creation of the collection of City-Trips of Petit Futé collection (short stays in the world's major cities).
- 2010 : The beautiful books of Editions Déclics are part of Le Petit Futé group.
- 2011 : Towards new ways of accessing Petit Futé content using the Powerfox tool (database).
- 2011 : Le Petit Futé becomes a nomad (universal mobile site, first applications for iPhone and iPad).
- 2012 : Intensive development of mobile applications on all download platforms.
- 2012 : Le Petit Futé launches the interactive application "Le Petit Futé Reporter".
- 2012 : The City-Guides collection of Petit Futé has enriched with Mini City-Guides (small and medium-sized towns).
- 2012 : New graphic and editorial chart for the City-Guides collection of Petit Futé.
- 2013 : Le Petit Futé is making its mark on the eBook market.
- 2013 : The Petit Futé website is now accessible in foreign languages.
- 2014 : Le Petit Futé launches the « smart Ebooks », the "physical" version of digital guides, in bookstores.
- 2014 : The magazine Le Petit Futé is now a bi-annual one.
- 2014 : Le Petit Futé launches the V4 of its website: www.petitfute.com...
- 2015 : BOD start up: Book On Demand
- 2016 : Launching of the platform: www.mypetitfute.com which allows the creation of customised travel guides
- 2017 : Launching of the platform: www.quotatrip.com which puts Internet users in direct contact with local incoming agencies
- 2018 : Start-up of multilingual versions
The assets of Petit Futé
Authors of the vintage
For each of its titles, Le Petit Futé benefits from the presence on site of a permanently competent team. Thus, with each new edition the editorial content is reviewed, corrected, developed and the establishments are tested and visited.
A strong reputation
Le Petit Futé has a very strong reputation in France, in the DOM-TOM but also in Belgium, Switzerland and Canada. The guides Petit Futé are widely distributed in bookshops and supermarkets. Le Petit Futé is a partner of many major tourist media and continues to increase its presence at major national and international meetings of tourism professionals.
After 30 years of practice, Le Petit Futé can boast of always being an independent publishing house.
Total independence. Since its creation, the Petit Futé can boast of always being an independent publishing house. An information that adapts to "good deals" are still required, there are now good restaurants, beautiful hotels, charming houses, fitness centers, golf courses, etc. that were added to all these smart places! new consumption patterns. Most Petit Futé readers are on the lookout for novelty and have no fixed consumption habits. Each reader seeks to take full advantage of his leisure time and enjoy the best value for money in all his purchases as well as for his travels. Le Petit Futé has, throughout its existence, been able to adapt to different and new modes of consumption. Thus, if the